Sunday, March 08, 2009

Continued.............And Then, For No Particular Reason, It Got Worse.......


Well, last night wasn't a particularly outstanding one.

After that lovely ride to work I blogged about last night from the job....my blood pressure suddenly jumped up to 175/122 with a heart rate of 120. I was dizzy, alternating from sweating to freezing, and queasy.
The Nursing Administrator called my work supervisor after taking my B/P and advised him that I needed to go home, I called my brother to ask him to come pick me up, and while I was waiting for them to arrive, the on-call Hospitalist came and talked to me about my symptoms.

I asked my friend Karen to walk with me down to the lobby to wait on them to arrive, but after walking about 25 feet -for no particular reason- my world suddenly went dark and spinney.
At that point, they called EMS to come pick me up and EMS came and took me to the ER(our hospital is an elective surgery hospital only) and I remained in the ER until about 8 AM this morning when my B/P finally stabilized and they let me go home.

And I've been asleep for the rest of today til now. When I got up I took off my bandages and saw I'm covered in little bruises from all the sticks where they tried to find veins to put the IVs in and the veins kept blowing out. UGH. One bruise is huge- about half again as big as a silver dollar and it hurts like the dickens.

Luckily, I do feel somewhat better now- still shaky but not spinney, thank goodness. My boss has my shift covered tonight at work and then I have the next two off and so I have three days to rest and recover.

Sigh..............I wish we had PTO to accrue ......just when we're recovering from the last bout of medical debt- this happens and we're back to square one with more medical bills coming plus the added bonus of me having two days off work with no pay. Sigh.......

On the other hand, I'm just VERY happy to be alive today.

My thanks to everyone who helped me and called or came to the hospital to check on or be with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunny, please take my advice and find yourself a new doctor. I don't think your current one has a clue. You should not continue to have these symptoms over and over and over. There is a particular reason ... and your doctor hasn't found it.

I'm so happy you were around people when this happened. I'm also happy you're feeling better.

Sending big hugs, my friend.

Terry Chandler said...

Sunny, I wish I had known you were in hospital. I hope your doctor will try to get to the bottom of these symptoms. This is very dangerous my friend.
Hugs!

Terry

Seacat said...

Sunny, I agree completely with Lois. I know we had a conversation about your current doc and I just don't think she's doing her job, or maybe even mentally able to do her best for you. You know I'd recommend my doc, but she's in Greenville. I can ask my family who live in Easley they see and get some names for you if you like. It's time to be proactive and ditch that sorry doc who should have gotten a handle on this a long time ago! These are very serious symptoms you're having and all priority needs to be give to getting these BP probs under control. BEFORE you have a stroke or heart attack. (Getting off my soapbox now),
Love you,
Sea