Sunday, March 22, 2009

Oh, NOW They'll PAY!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday Nina!!!



Well, now.....there's an ODD tradition in our family....I'm not exactly sure how it got started- but a long time ago I began calling everyone up on their birthday -at midnight- and singing the Happy Birthday Song to them...in a loud and horrible obnoxiously off key voice.

So, at precisely midnight, my sister Tee(The raven-haired one in the pink top) calls me and tells me to hang on for a minute. I ASSUME she's handing the phone to my Baby sister, Nina(the brown-haired one in the white top), the Birthday Girl.

Tee says, "Okay- go ahead....." and so I commence singing ...not quite as horribly off key as I normally do- but hugely bad nevertheless.....and it lasts a long two minutes the tortuous way I do it.

After it's over I hear dead silence....and then thunderous applause and a lot of hooting and hollering and hysterical laughter from a voice I darn well recognize as being Tee's.......WTH???????

Turns out, my darling DRUNKEN sisters have put me on cell-speakerphone and I have just sang Overly Obnoxious and Horribly Off-Key Happy Birthday to my Baby sister for EVERYONE in the Karaoke Bar where they have been celebrating for a few of hours already.

Wonderful.
I couldn't be mad and had to laugh with them...it was a fast one to pull and hardly anyone has pulled off a Prank like that on me.......EVER. Well DONE Sisters!!!!

I hope they enjoyed it....because they WILL pay for it. And when they least expect it.

Bratty Little Sisters....you gotta love 'em.

Happy Birthday Nina......Hope it's a wonderful one...and I really truly mean that. I only wish I could have been there to celebrate it with you two NUTS!!!!! I love you, BOTH!!!

3 comments:

Evan 08 said...

That was GREAT!!

Paulius said...

That is one of the best things I have ever heard.

marie said...

OMG, i am just getting to read this.You must tell them I applaud them! That is hysterical.:)