Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Perfect Husband.

I've been working for several weeks gathering up different style and sized black photo frames for our family photo gallery I'm creating in our main hallway because it's too small to put any furniture in.

I usually choose the photos for my little projects like this- but this time I requested that he choose one of our wedding photos. Being the photo-shop god he is, he decided to do a bit of "editing" on some of the blemishes in the photo he had chosen.

He called me over to look it over before he printed it out and showed me what he had shopped.....not much to be honest..if he hadn't pointed it out to me I probably wouldn't have even been able to tell you what changes he had made to it.

I looked critically at the photo, ....I was about 50 pounds overweight from all the stress/emotional eating I had done the 2 years preceeding our wedding....and had always regretted not having been able to be my "Perfect" size for our wedding, and jokingly began telling him while he was at it he should make me skinny. He smiled, he knows how sensitive i have always been about my weight gains, and a few minutes later he called me over and had done his majik and made me ....well, not my perfect weight I had dreamed of being for our wedding....but made me slimmer in all the right places.
He had made my horrible double chin go away, slimmed up my waist a bit, and also slimmed my arms for me.
He made me about fifty pounds lighter- the exact amount of weight I had gained from the time he asked me to marry him to the time we FINALLY got to say our vows.
And altho he didn't want to do it- he printed out THAT version of our wedding photo for me to put in the frame for the gallery instead of the original one where I looked like a beached whale to myself altho there wasn't that BIG of a difference except in my disheartened eyes. In other words- he made me perfect in my eyes because I needed it.

How many men do you know that would do that for their wives?

I say it again.....I have the world's most perfect husband.

No comments: