Saturday, March 21, 2009

Back........

Once again, I'm back.
I've been getting a bit of R&R these past few days and really haven't felt up to posting ....so I didn't.

Y'all MISSED me, didn't ya??
;-)

Anyway, That Cardiologist's appointment and the Cardiac Cath the next day really kind of knocked me for a loop. And I think Paul as well.
It scared the hell out of me to be honest. I mean when you get an appointment in FOUR DAYS with a cardiologist that usually takes a month or more to get an appointment to see......then at that appointment you collapse and he schedules you to have a Heart Cath the very next morning, you start to look at things with a different viewpoint.
Like.....Why the rush?????Am I going to die??????

I'm not going to get all morbid and go any further with that line of thought, but you get the gist of it.

The whole experience was kind of surreal....especially after they gave me the 2 Benadryl, the Valium, The Atavan, and then the "Twilight". I was actually kinda looking forward to being awake for the procedure like the video said I would be...watching the dye go into my veins and then spread as my heart pumped.....but after all the good drugs they gave me and the added bonus of only having slept 1 and a half hours in the 48 before the proceedure because I was so worried (and worked to try and keep my mind off the matter)........My butt was asleep before the doctor got to the procedure room to start.

And I don't remember much other than tiny bits and pieces of the next two days.

Paul has been telling me about it tho......between smiles while describing my antics.
I don't remember them- so I won't tell them. (That's my story and I'm st-sticking to it.....)

Anyway, My arteries showed no sign of blockage and my heart is strong so that's the good news.
I have a follow-up on April 1st..(What a DAY for an appointment) and we'll see what he has to say then.


I know for a fact that for mine and Pauls anniversary in May, we are definately taking a long weekend and going off somewhere quiet and fun to relax for a few days. No phones, No computers, No jobs, no bills arriving in the mail, no stupid dog annoying the crap out of us to be let out and then be let back in two minutes later and repeating every half hour, no cooking, and no housework to worry about.

Our biggest worry will be what to eat, what time to wake up, what time (or IF) we want to go to bed at night and if we want to take a dip in the jaccuzi.

And THAT sounds like a little slice of HEAVEN to me.

3 comments:

Evan 08 said...

Yeah, we missed ya.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sunny,

I'm so happy to see some comments from you. Continue to take it easy. I'm thinking about you.

Love ya.

Sunny said...

Evan......LOL- You probably missed me like a sore thumb...but thanks anyway, hun.

Lois......I'm taking it easy, sis. I'm working, but doing minimal routines til I feel 100% again.

Thinking of you too....be glad when your event is over so we can have a real chat.

BTW- the search for a new GP continues...........