Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Calling Doctor Who!!!!!


Well, this morning I was awakened by two phone calls.
One from the head of security at the hospital campus where I work asking how I was doing- and the other from my immediate supervisor informing me that I would need a release form from my family physician before I could come back to work tomorrow.
If I hadn't been so out of it from the medication they had given me at the hospital Sunday when I was released, I probably could have gotten the ER doc to sign me off then to return to work tomorrow- but I didn't and so that opportunity has passed me by.
Anyway, as soon as I heard that bit of news- I called them to confirm I would absolutely be required to have that release before being allowed to return to my job- and after being assured that yes- it was standard procedure and especially since I was transported by EMS when I was ON the job, it was definitely required because of liability reasons.

*Sigh..........*.......so despite my resolution to never return to my regular physician after that last debacle- I shall be returning for that visit this afternoon at 2PM. I tried to get one of the other doctors, but they were all booked up so I'm stuck with her again.

I'll just try and bite my tongue and get that release form.

Where is Doctor Who when I need him???????

UPDATE-
Doc visit went well...B/P still 160/100 and doc is sending me to Cardiologist-BUT I'm clear to return to work tommorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Start asking around at work for recommendations for a doctor you can trust, Sunny. Your BP shouldn't still be that high while you're on medication. I'm concerned about you returning to work so soon with no diagnosis from the previous episodes. At least you're thinking in the right direction! New doctor is a must!

Thank you, Seacat, for the reinforcement!

Take care of yourself, Girl. We love you.

Sunny said...

I've already started the search, Sis.

I'm a bit concerned as well about the B/P still being that hight- but believe me- if i was out of work for longer i would have more than a B/P problem...I'd be in the hospital with a stroke or a mental breakdown.

Just doin' what I gotta do to stay sane. And I luv you guys, too!!!

Kenia said...

Hello Sunny, its me the (the pussycat bitch) pls check out my new blog http://sucker-luv.blogspot.com/

thanks!
Peace and love