Friday, January 01, 2010

Dare I?????


Dare I make any New Year's Resolutions?

I hardly ever do- and usually end up not reaching the few goals I do resolve to attain. I usually figure- what's the point- I'll just end up feeling like a failure if I don't make my goals.
But this year maybe I'll take a page from a Fellow Blogger and make a LOT of resolutions so I have a better chance of actually making it to goal with at least ONE of them!!

That being said...here goes............

1)First and foremost, FINALLY lose this excess freakin' weight!! 26 years is way too long to still claim it's "Baby Fat" I still haven't lost, don't ya think?

2)Buy a piece of property and move into our own place and quit wasting money on rent..

3)Go on an overnight trip to Charleston. I love that place and miss going there. Even tho I'm definitely NOT a Beach Bunny, I think a trip to that lovely city won't hurt every 5 years. Charleston isn't exactly a beach town, anyway!!

4)Figure out a way to shape my eyebrows while wearing glasses. I can't figure it out because my glasses get in the way with them on- and with them off I'm blind as a bat up close- and I don't want to pay 15 dollars to have them waxed and shaped every month.

5)De-Clutter my house. Really.

6)Get everything done/bought/paid on time. That would take a miracle, tho.

7)Have at least ONE romantic candlelight dinner with my husband.

8)Buy a new bed.

9)Be able to keep my car neat and tidy.

10)Ditto on my Kitchen.

11)Plant a vegetable garden and have it flourish. Unfortunately, this will probably never EVER happen in my lifetime. I did NOT inherit my family's Green Thumb.

12)Find a fool-proof way to pick WINNING lottery numbers. There has to be a system or a method to the madness and I want to be the one to figure it out. Just ONCE!

13)Read 10 books that aren't trashy romance novels. Once you've read five hundred-which is about how many I own- you've read them all anyway. There's only so many ways a pirate/cowboy/knight/bandit/Scottish lord can ravish a girl without it becoming ho-hum.

14)Pay off most of my debt........ I'm working on that one.

15)Finally find make-up that doesn't a)break me out....b)look like an oil slick landed on my face after 30 minutes.....c)make me look like Ronald MacDonald is my beauty consultant. Something with light coverage and natural would be nice.

16)Finally get my nails to grow out past my fingertips.

17)Buy a pair of sneakers that not only LOOK great- but are comfortable as well.

18)FINALLY be able to wear my boots again. I have 4 pair I bought 4 years ago and still can't get on because...(see #1 above).

19)Buy a pool so I can learn to swim properly. (Maybe that property I want to buy will have one on it already- a two-fer!!)

20)Save some money.

Now that wasn't too hard to come up with. Let's see how many I can actually knock out in the coming year!!

No comments: