Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pound Cake...Lemon Buttermilk.

That's what my husband made for me last night. I kept telling him he ought to go bake me a cake and, to my surprise, he agreed. So I found the recipe and he went into the kitchen and had a go. His first time making either a box OR "from scratch" cake.

And Guess what?

It.
Was.
Awesome. !!!!

It was awesome when it came out of the oven, but after it sat overnight and cooled- it was even "More Awesomer".
The texture was smooth and velvety and it was as light as a feather altho it had the perfect density that a pound cake is supposed to have. I'm proud to say I couldn't have done a better job myself. Heck- it was so perfect there was no need whatsoever for a glaze on top and I usually think the glaze is what makes the cake perfect!

And to prove my point.....I have eaten about a third of it. I had to slice the rest of it and put it in the freezer before I ended up eating it ALL today!

I just want him to know that now that I know for a fact he can bake this well...I WILL be expecting a cake for my birthday!!!
....for the rest of my life!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~*Does a Happy Dance*~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Evan 08 said...

I will now officially concede defeat in the "best hubby" contest. One thing I just don't do is bake.

Today's word verification word... Oscience: 1) The Irish version of Bill Nye [The O'Science guy.] 2) The study of leprechauns.