Sunday, January 17, 2010

Photoshop.....First Try




















For years I've tried to get my darling hubby to sit down and give me a tutorial on PhotoShop.
And for years he's claimed that the best way to learn it is to sit down and figure it out by just playing around with it.

Now, we don't have many photos of just me and my kids when they were little. The only professional one I do have has their "SpermDonor" (their adult chosen name for him) in it with us. On Clay's memorial site, Julie had posted that photo of us- but together one night, they had ripped the top of the photograph off, effectively- albeit crudely- decapitating their SD, altho his body remained in the picture. They want nor have nothing to do with him except for the occasional accidental meeting around town and I certainly don't have anything to do with him. We were actually surprised he showed up for Clay's Funeral, to be honest....sad isn't it?

Well, anyway,I have looked and looked and we have no other photos of us as a family when they were small...none...just a few snapshots from Christmases and Birthdays Past.

So I figured it was the perfect opportunity to try and figure out PhotoShop.
So it took me almost two hours of trial and error to do it, and it's not perfect by any means of the imagination, but I got it cropped and "the dumbass" edited out of that precious photograph.
Is it wrong that I wanted him edited out of it so I could have my babies all to myself without him mucking up my memory of that day?

I don't think it is.

And I think I did a pretty good job of it for my first try if I say so myself!!!

No comments: