Sunday, July 08, 2007

Good Weekend!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm.....for some reason I'm having a problem getting my post titles to type in.
Eh- the net hates me- I've come to this conclusion. Had the same problem yesterday and then Paulius came over and in two clicks fixed it. I try the same thing- and nothin'.

I had a strange weekend. We have a nice sized circle in our front yard- it is outlined with cross-ties, otherwise known as rail-road ties, and is about 24 feet by 30 feet and has a few maple trees, an oak tree, a couple of cedar trees, a few bushes, a huge rose bush and about 25 lob-lolly pines-all small-less than 5 feet tall. It also had a couple of Bradford pear trees and a dogwood tree in it.

My son and I got out Thursday morning and in a fell swoop cut all the lob-lollies down. Then we took out the dogwood tree because it was too close to one of the big maple trees. We also took down the Bradford pear trees- they were also too close to the bigger maples and they also like to break limbs in the summer storms we have in South Carolina. We also cut down a couple of strange bushes that neither of us could identify.

Didn't get finished tho- we still have about 20 oak saplings to cut down but we have to move a load of river rocks before we can get to them. AND we have to haul all those trees/saplings/bushes we cut down to the ravine. Then I wanna cut the grass. There's a small shallow ridge along the top half of the circle that I want to line with the river rocks and then I'll be ready to start polishing the area up to set out the patio set.

I hope that come autumn we will have a really nice place to sit and have a bite outside or to sit around and have a few drinks while watching the sun set. Maybe a fire-pit as well so we can use it well into cool weather.

It's strange that I am interested in this landscaping project- I'm not really what you would call an outside person-unless I'm off to the mountains to do some camping or to the backyard to shoot some hoops or to the lake to do some fishing. I LOVE all three of those activities.

I also acquired a weight bench this weekend. A co-worker was cleaning out his storage unit and decided he was going to get rid of his weight bench and weights. So he asked if I would like to have them since I had told him about my moms and my escapade with the local gym.....did I tell y'all about that? No?
Okay, well short story is this..... my mom decided she wanted to join the local gym....we went and checked the place out. She loved it- I loved it so she decided that since I am on a tight budget she was going to treat me to the membership so we could go together- quality time for mom and daughter. Well, there was a weeks trial membership for free so we began with that. And in the following week, I went everyday except one(I had a migraine) and she went exactly ONCE. Then she decided that she was too busy to bother with a gym and so we didn't join.

Anyway, Jay knew about that so he gave the set to me just to get it out of his way because he wants to stop renting the unit and he has nowhere to store it, and it was too much bother to try and advertise and sell it.

Awesome. He brought it to me on Friday and after some finagling finally wrestled it into the truck and I got it home. He couldn't find the bar and the actual weights but over the next couple weeks he's getting the unit cleared out so he said he would bring them to me. And is not then we can get a set at Wal-Mart for about 40 bucks so that won't be a problem. I think it will be great for me and Paulius to be able to use it and spot each other.

I feel so much better now that I've had a bit of a rest from the job now for a couple of days. maybe by next month I'll be singing second shifts praises.
Now THAT'LL be a change, won't it?

Now- my daughter(Julie) and daughter-in-law(Kathy) are both expecting and are due about the same time too.
My daughter had the bad docs visit last week- or maybe it was week and a half ago, but she has since stopped worrying about something being wrong and miscarrying.....seems she had to buy a new swimsuit because of "overhang" in both upper and lower body parts, so she says if that baby is growing that fast- there's no chance that she's gonna miscarry. The daughter-in-law is having the usual morning sickness and is happy as a lark in the spring. This is going to be a wonderful time for the both of them- I can just feel it in my bones.

Paulius and I got to sit and play a lovely game of SCRABBLE this morning too. It was neck to neck there for a while but in the last move he pulled ahead by 20+ points and won.
I thought about challenging him to a game of MONOPOLY but seeing as how I have never beaten him at the stupid game as long as I have known him, I figured I had best wait til maybe next weekend.....getting beaten by him twice in a weekend is just going to swell his head/ego. That would be a bad thing - he might not be able to fit his head thru the kitchen door to make his fantastic chicken/mozzarella/bacon dish he's making this evening.

Anyway...That's about it for my weekend so I'm off now to enjoy the REST of it!
Let's see if Paulius will work his majik again and show me how he did that post-title again........

(AH-HA!!!! Now I know the secret of the post-title mystery.
Thanks, sweetness.)

3 comments:

OzzyC said...

I hope that come autumn we will have a really nice place to sit and have a bite outside or to sit around and have a few drinks while watching the sun set. Maybe a fire-pit as well so we can use it well into cool weather.

OzzyC said...

oops... didn't finish...

Intended to add "that sounds nice."

Sunny said...

hahahha yeah I get ahead of myself sometimes too, Ozzy.

Its a GIFT!

;-)