Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Women Can Be Devious.

Misty posted on her blog again....(FINALLY!!!!) about how she mowed the lawn......but only the front that she saw every day. Her hubby took exception to it and she said she threatened to use her weed-waking abilities next.
So this weekend he transformed the ENTIRE yard..........

I'll try and educate you men in the wily ways of women.

LMAO- reminds me of when I was a teen. I had gotten my first car- a 65 'Stang. Hardtop, black, with a three-speed manual tranny.

Well, I didn't mind working on it- but what I detested was not so much washing it but waxing it every weekend. So since I lived in a neighborhood with a bunch of teenage guys running around with nothing to do on the weekend but play football or baseball, I would park my 'Stang in the front yard in the shade, and wash and rinse it. Then I would pull it into the sun to dry.

Then after a few minutes drying, I would pull out the McGuire's wax and put a bit on the cloth and rub it on the car.....just a tiny bit on a spot about the size of a pack of hamburger buns....maybe a bit bigger but not by much. Then I would sit down for a few minutes and when it had dried- I would take another rag and wipe the wax off and buff it to a nice shine.

THEN I would walk around to the OTHER side of the car and start to put another bit of wax on it.

Never failed that the ball game had slowed considerably by that time as the guys watched me waxing the car. By the time I sat down in the shade to watch the OTHER bit of wax dry- the game stopped altogether and they came over to laugh at me and to inform me that I was doing that all WRONG.
(*Big innocent doe eyes....* REALLY?)
First they explained that I had to get the car out of the sun to wax it.
Because if you let the wax bake on the car in the sun it will ruin the finish.
(*Blinking in confusion*...."No way!!! Why didn't anyone tell me this?? I could have ruined my car!!"))
So they would move it into the shade and then they each had their own bit of advice for the "proper" way to wax the car.
(*Smiling* then *huge sigh* "Y'all make that look sooooo easy!!")
And before a half hour had went by I had a sparkling, shiny, waxed auto thanks to not knowing how to do it properly. (*Sweet innocent smile.*)
Of course I just happened to have a couple gallons of sweet, iced tea to cool them off while they were showing me how to properly maintain the beauty of my car. And I always thanked them profusely before they went back to their ball-game, laughing and shaking their heads at the dumb blond who - no matter how many times they tried to explain it to her- just couldn't get it right.

Paris Hilton had nothing on me- she had to do her OWN car.

4 comments:

misty harley said...

Men *shakes head and laughs* are boys who wish to become SuperHero's (yes, I just read P's blog)....

lolly said...

Girl you just rock!

MC Etcher said...

Hmm, did Paulius know how devious you were before he moved in?

Anonymous said...

Just like I still can't cook...I try and try and somehow i never do it right:). I am permanently banned from the kitchen (except to clean of course). Which is probably best for all concerned since Frank is a GREAT cook.