Saturday, July 07, 2007

Here We Go Again..........RANT!!!!!


I hate second shift.

I really do.
First of all- it seems as tho all I do all week is sleep and go to work. I have no time for a "normal life". By the time I wake up, I have time to shower, eat, get dressed and it's back to work I go.
Which I suppose I could deal with BUT-at the job site there is NO structure. I can't develop a routine on this shift. I basically have to stay IN the reception area until every one is gone. I have one quick trip to the sub-level to check the maintenance rooms at 5P and then it's back to the reception area.
Now, I do that again at 8P if there are still people in the building. But until every single person is gone and the site is empty- I have to stay put. I am used to doing a LOT of walking every night.
People are in that damn place until sometimes 11PM- and then after everyone is gone I have 5 buildings to check-1 with 1 floor & 2 areas, 1 with 2 floors & 9 areas, 2 with 4 floors & 4 areas, 1 with 4 floors and 25 areas. PLUS 7 parking areas and 2 parking decks which I have to secure so no one can use the stairs and elevators to get up into the building to vandalize or steal stuff.

THEN I still have to do all the paperwork for the shift as well. And do it all before Midnight.

But, that's not really the worst part of it. The worst is the drive TO work. 27 miles of the most GOD awful traffic at the worst time of day. Every single day I have driven to work I have almost been in an accident....if not for some VERY quick reflexes I would be in the hospital now.

I hate day shift. I hate stupid drivers. I hate dealing with the gossiping women I have to listen to. I hate the stupid patients who ask the dumbest questions(yes there IS such thing as a dumb question- I BEG to differ!), and I hate the pain-in-the-arse,- know-it-all, I'm-better-than everyone-else and my-poop-doesn't-smell doctors and nurses who treat us like trash.......and I hate the people I work with -with only one or MAYBE two exceptions.

I want my nice quiet night shift back.
I want my nice quiet orderly life back.

And now that I've had my little bitch session and ranted and vented, I hope things will calm down and I can create some kind of order in the chaos that is my work-life.
That's how it usually works.

Thanks for listening.
;-)

No comments: