Monday, January 14, 2008

I Am Goddess & Therefore Decree-It WILL Be A GOOD Week!


Okay- I'm over being pissed off now.

I have actually made some progress in the past few days .......even with all the chaos that is my life.

I have a migraine ATM so I'm making this short and sweet so I can go to bed and rest before I start getting sick.

Over the past week I have actually planned my Darling Daughter-in-Law Kathy's Baby shower menu and got it all lined up. I also managed to crochet a baby afghan for Baby Clay who is due next month. It's Baby Blue, Baby Green, Soft white and Soft yellow and has the pastel colors done in the fringe on two edges. I started last Wednesday and finished the fringe tonight while I was at work in between rounds. For my first project I would say it turned out rather nicely. It sure went faster than I thought it would. Let's just say I figured I would be finishing it up as the guests were arriving on the 3rd of Feb for the Baby Shower. So I was PLEASANTLY surprised when I finished it this soon.

I also have been trying to decide what kind of cake to BAKE for Paulius for his birthday this month. And I finally hit on the one I want to MAKE for him. (Yes from SCRATCH- Last year I BOUGHT him a cake from the Ingles Bakery and it did NOT go over well- He called it a FAKE CAKE. Yeah, I usually MAKE Birthday Cakes from scratch- but I wasn't feeling good that week and decided to be a slacker-believe me- it WON'T happen again!!)
;-)
It was hard to decide on tho, because all he wants is a cake with his name on it and a few candles.
Then he decided he wanted a cake with the WoW Alliance crest on it. I looked at that one and told him straight off that THAT would NOT be the one he got. Maybe NEXT year when I have had a few months to figure out how to create all those different designs for it.
Then he saw a Darth Vader cake he liked.
And a Chewbacca cake he liked.
And an Optimus-Prime cake he liked. So I took matters into my own hands and looked at several designs I thought he might like and finally found one that wasn't too complicated- but at the same time didn't look terribly amature-ish and cartoon-ish- something I might be proud to say- I made that.
So now I have decided- and we went to the shop and I bought the color tints I needed to do the icing.
I hope he likes it. I think it will be fun- and a HUGE surprise.

No comments: