Friday, January 18, 2008

Why I Won't Be Voting For......


McCain..........lower corporate tax?
WTF?
How about the Average Joes out here? Why not lower OUR taxes and let the big corporations shoulder a bit MORE of the taxes for a while? Also, he's very big on defense......on the one hand a good thing, but I'm afraid that things like education and employment would suffer because he might be inclined to take money from the budget from those things and put more into defense. It makes me jittery.

Huckabee......For the Amnesty Act?
I don't freaking THINK so.......After all the crap Paulius and I went thru to get him here LEGALLY? Think Again Huckabee- let them do it the same way WE did.

Paul........He's WAYYYYY too high-strung to be anywhere near those launch codes and He can't stay on topic during a debate. It's like he has ADHD or something. We need a leader who is level-headed and has a bit of stability, in my opinion.

Obama.......He talks a good game- but he just seems a bit too slick to me. Just a feeling.

Clinton........No- I don't really care WHAT her husband did while he was in office...has nothing to do with her unless you can prove she was playing the cigar game with them. I just don't think she's quite ready for the position YET.....Next election I would say she'll be there.

Thompson.........I was going to say because he was an actor and because of that you could never be sure he was being truthful or just acting a part. But .....seeing as how Ronald Regan was an actor and one of the best damn presidents we have ever had. That wouldn't be a very well thought out argument. I'm not exactly sure WHY I won't be voting for him exactly- but I won't be. He has a few views I share with him- he also has a few i don't...maybe that's why...there is another candidate I share more views with than Thompson.

I know I have left a couple out.....but I'm tired and need sleep.......

I AM voting for Mitt Romney.
I like his attitude and I like his style. I like his viewpoints and they match mine more than any of the other candidates who are running. He has values- and I don't care that he's a Mormon- nor do I care that he has lots of money. He knows how to talk to the people and take ALL of us into the equation- not just one group or the other. I liked the way he governed his state and I hope he can do the same for our country.


Also I would like to give kudos to President Bush for this tax thing he is proposing. He has done a great job of running this country for the past few years. He took a stand when it needed to be taken and God Bless the brave men and women who have served our country in the military even if some of them don't agree 100% with why it was done. I, for one, appreciate the steps and sacrifices they and the President have taken to keep this great country the Super-Power it is.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - you're a Bush advocate...didn't know that

Anonymous said...

Sunny, you don't normally get into politics ... you MUST be very tired! Hopefully you won't get flamed by those who disagree with you. Politics brings out the ugly in people.

I don't know who I'll vote for either. Frankly, none of the candidates thrill me. Not one.

Sunny said...

Saffy- Hmmmmm....is that a good thing or a bad thing in your opinion? But yes, for the MOST part- I am.

Lois-Nope, politics and religion are two subjects usually banned from my dinner parties because of the friction and chaos they cause....but since this is the first time I have ever voted in my life I , for some reason, wanted to share my political viewpoints.

Honestly, I don't really care if I get "flamed" by those that might disagree with me.....first of all, they MIGHT have some views that will reinforce why I feel the way I do...or
they might have some views that I might not have thought about that might change my mind....
Besides.....That's what this country is all about- having a voice and being able to say what you believe in.

And if they start to get REALLY ugly- which is completely unessecary- I can ignore them or turn the computer off.
LMAO-

I'm in such a GOOD mood this weekend!..Oh Lord- I hope I didn't just JINX myself!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for voting ... FINALLY!!! Too many take for granted in this country what people the world over would do anything to have for themselves.

Stepping down from soapbox now.

Anonymous said...

Im not too fond of Bush myself, but I couldnt say what Id do trying to run this country with it in the state its in so...I wont criticize. I like Romney also. He seems the most sincere to me. All the others bother me for unspecified reasons, I just dont trust any of them.

Divian said...

I am on the fence...


The fence that has one mean ass junk yard dog on one side and a nippy ass pet poodle who is ready to nip-nip your tush off on the other.

Sheesh!

Annie Bananie said...

I like your blog about the candidates! I just started blogging last fall after moving out west. It's kinda fun!!! I'm glad you like it!

lolly said...

I'm really not big into politics, but I don't like Bush at all.

Having said that, a lot of people here hated Tony Blair for all the same reasons people don't like Bush - but I liked Tony Blair...Go figure..