Monday, January 21, 2008

Radio, TV, Newspaper or Internet??

Okay ...question for you.


You see and hear the same story on the Radio news, the TV news, the newspaper and the Internet. Only thing is they all have slightly different numbers involved in how many people were killed or injured in the incident.

Which are you more likely to believe initially?

Me?........... I would go with the TV because I figure their faces are known all over the world and they are more likely to have the correct numbers or risk ruining their trustworthy reputations.

6 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

All of the above, and none of the above. If I happen to chance upon "news" from any of these sources, I will tend to believe it to some extent. However, for the most part I try to avoid the "news" because it's rarely positive and sometimes, IMHO, ignorance really is bliss. :)

Sunny said...

Isn't THAT the honest-to-God's TRUTH!

Anonymous said...

I'd go with the one that was the most recent, therefore probably the most updated and most accurate I'd hope/think

OzzyC said...

I'm with Amanda... the most recent. That said though, I tend to give a little more credence to direct sources, such as Reuters, AP and UPI. All of the main media outlets get their stories from these spots.

Divian said...

I go with the internet...the major news stations are all online, so I would go with what they say...

One disappointment though...celeb news is slowly taking over as opposed to 'real news I can use'.

MC Etcher said...

it's silly, but I'm most likely to believe a printed newspaper... print just seems more concrete.