Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Daily Strength.........

As you guys know, I have been having a really hard time dealing with Clays passing.....I have tried to find a support group/bereavement group for months. All the meetings are to seldom(usually once a month) or at the wrong times of day to be of any use to me- and as you know private counseling is extremely expensive and out of the question for me at the moment....so the other day my BFF Rhonni called me with a website to look into.
It's called Daily Strength and you name it- they have a support group for it. Smoking, Cancer, Drug Addiction, COPD, Fibromyalga, Diabetes, ADD, Bereavement........and a whole LOT more.
Now I have been monitoring it for a couple of weeks to see what went on, because , face it, i do NOT need a site where a lot of bickering and drama and such are going on, and after watching and reading for a while now- finally joined the bereavement support group. And the support there is just overwhelming. I have met several people(mostly women) who have lost adult children due to various things and they get EXACTLY what I am going thru because they themselves either have gone thru it- or are going thru it now as I am.
Very supportive- and almost always someone is there whenever I go online- be it 2PM or 3:30 AM.
I also just joined the diabetes group to see if they can help me out with this problem also..

So if you guys have a problem and want some place to get a bit of support- or just a bit of feedback or info....Go check them out. See if they can help.
http://dailystrength.org

And while I'm at it- I want to thank all my friends here in the Blogosphere for being so patient and sweet and kind to me all this time. You'll never know how MUCH you have all helped me during this difficult time.
Many thanks and HUGS to you all!!

3 comments:

lolly said...

Always here for you girl - and soon i'll be even closer!

Love you loads!

Terry Chandler said...

Sunny,
I'm glad you've found something that helps you feel not so alone in your struggle. Hang in there babe, we love you.
Terry

MC Etcher said...

HUGS!

We're here for you!