Sunday, January 06, 2008

I Like Pie.


I do.
I can't say I really have a favorite kind tho.
I LOVE Pecan Pie. Nuts and a thick, yummy filling underneath. MmmmmmMMmmmMmmm.
I LOVE Sweet Potato Pie. It's smooth, creamy and sweet, but not too sweet.
I LOVE Old Fashion Apple Pie. Sweet and tart at the same time and a fruit pie to boot.
I LOVE Chocolate Silk Pie. Silky sweet chocolate that just melts in your mouth.
I LOVE Egg Custard pie. Full of thick creamy vanilla goodness that makes your toes curl.
I LOVE Pumpkin Pie. A bit more earthy tasting than sweet potato pie, but just as satisfying.
I LOVE Cherry Pie. Nice and tart, nothing goes better with a cup of sweetened coffee.
I LOVE Blueberry Pie, Peach Pie, and strawberry pie as well. Nothing says country like either of those pies.....altho I have to say I usually like those made as cobblers instead of a traditional slicing pie.

The only kind of pie I really don't care for is Rhubarb.
Even mixed with another fruit like strawberry it just seems too tart for my taste buds.

(Can you tell I'm trying to cut back on the treats after the holiday indulgences?)
I'm having a get-together today to plan Daughter-In-Law Kathy's Baby Shower and am toying with the idea of making a pie.
I just can't decide which kind to make. And now I wanna make them all. And have a slice of them all as well.
BAD SUNNY!

But how do I choose between them?

And even more importantly, did I forget to list a favorite?
What's your favorite pie?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apple most definitly...with vanilla ice cream. MMMmmm.You and Paul seem to have pie on the brain:). Let me know where Kathys registered or what she needs for the shower ok?

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Ooooh....I am a pie person too! My faves are pecan (and you're right..it's all about the filling), a light and flaky, freshly-baked apple pie with maple ice cream, and peanut butter pie (the kind with a crust of chocolaty puffed wheat squares and a whipped PB filling). YUM!!

(Can you tell I'm scaling back post-Christmas, too? I miss sugar.)