Saturday, January 26, 2008

MMMMMmmmmmMMM....BEEEEEERRRR!!!


Well, today you're going to hear my take on Paulius' Great Beer Experiment and before I begin let me state FOR THE RECORD that Sunshine isn't and has never been a beer fan.

I don't like the look of it(looks like weak horse piss to me) and the smell of it is just gross beyond belief. Plus the fact that altho I can drink hard liquor and drink almost anyone under the table, beer has always had the ability to knock me on my ass after only about half a can or so. A state of being I don't like being in. So except for the occasional sip to reinstate the idea that, yes, beer really did taste that horrible is about all I do of it.

So last night I purposely didn't take my anxiety meds because I wanted to be alert and awake to spend some time with my sweetheart. While he watched Stargate Atlantis, I rode out and got us dinner so neither of us would have to cook, and then after we ate we decided to watch a movie on Charter On Demand.

So we put on "28 weeks Later" Running Raging Zombies are just WRONG btw...... and Paulius said he was going to open another of his beers and he asked if I would like to share it with him.
Now he knows I'm not a big fan of beer, so he poured me the glassful and his as well and brought it in to me. (I was being pampered by him and just sitting on the couch).

That beer has a beautiful golden coloring to it, bubbles coming up from the bottom like a glass of champagne, and a PERFECT head of foam on the top of it.
Nothing Like the beer I'm used to drinking. I bought Paulius some Samuel Adams Beer back around the holidays and it's the only beer I have ever seen that comes close to the coloring of pauls Home-Brew.(I didn't taste the SA tho so can't give a comparison there).
It took me a few minutes to actually build up the courage to drink a mouthful of it because even tho I had sampled a tiny(and I do mean tiny as in barely sticking my tongue to it tiny) bit of one he had earlier in the week, I have been know to spew beer all over if the taste hits me wrong and I didn't want that to happen.
No worries tho when I finally took a swig......
Paulius Beer was awesome. It had a full bodied, yeasty, slightly tangy- sweet kind of taste. It had a bit of a bite to it too that made my mouth tingle and that was awesome!
I sat there actually taking a couple of good swallows of it every time I picked the glass up over the course of about a half hour before finishing it all.
And I DID finish it all...surprising Paulius, I think.
However, true to form, about an hour later I got such a buzz off the beer I passed out for about 4 hours. Dammitt.
I'm such a cheap date.

(I will drink more when he brews it- and I'm really looking forward to the hard cider he's thinking of trying next too!)

1 comment:

MC Etcher said...

Very cool! And to think, it was illegal to brew beer at home until the Carter Administration.