Friday, January 25, 2008

I Feel Like A Pincushion.

I hate Needles.

I hate getting my finger stuck.
I hate getting splinters.
I hate having blood drawn.
I can't watch scenes on TV where people are shooting up or where they're getting an injection.
I can't even watch my mom give herself insulin.

When I had the fish-hook removed from my foot, when I saw the size of the needle(or rather what I thought was the needle they were going to numb my foot with before the procedure) I was literally climbing the wall to get away from it......Ask Paulius...he was there.

I went for a Glucose Tolerance Test at our local hospital lab yesterday morning.
First they drew blood from my left arm vein. Okay, I was sorta okay with that one.
Then I had to wait 30 mins and then drink some yukkkkky sickly, sweet orange drink very quickly. Then I had to wait 30 mins again and then they drew blood again every 30 mins thereafter for 2 more hours.
And they drew ALL those from the right arm vein. I got nauseous after the drink and almost passed out so had to lie down for the rest of the test. I was freezing as well so I was curled into a tiny(or as tiny as I could get)ball and Paulius wrapped my fleece jacket over me so I could warm up.
I actually CRIED the last two draws they did because it hurt so much.

Suffice it to say I am "Bloody" GLAD it's over with.
Ha
Ha
Ha.........

Well, it's over now and let's say I'm glad I have a wonderful husband who is willing to go with me and hold my hand and calm my fears even tho he doesn't exactly understand why I'm so afraid of needles......(and do it usually without so much as a HINT of a smile....until I'm feeling better and can laugh with him, anyway).
:-)

He's awesome.

2 comments:

lolly said...

You guys are still so sweet after all this time, I hope me and T are like that!

Terry Chandler said...

awww, bummer!
at least it's over.

Hugs!

Terry