Thursday, January 17, 2008

Finally......A Day Off!

I won't know what to do with myself with TWO days in a row off. We've been so short in personel and working so much OT filling in that I have forgotten what it feels like to have day(S) off.

I also found out that we will soon be going to an A/B -12 hour shift schedule at my site soon.

I couldn't/wouldn't do it if it was 12 hour shifts 5 days a week- but with two on-two off(you know how it works) with a long weekend every other weekend...I think I can deal with that once I have a few weeks to get used to it.
As a matter of fact- I think it will seem more like working part-time to me. And I like THAT idea!

Best part tho, is that I'll be getting paid for 36 hours one week- and 44 the following week- so I'll actually be getting a TINY bit of a raise -not anything to jump up and down for joy about- but enough to have a bit of a smile over. That's a good thing for a change considering I had a docs appointment yesterday and had some blood-work done. Got the results back from those today and my blood sugar was high so NOW I have to go to the hospital for a Glucose Tolerance Test. Whatever that is. My doc is also my moms doc and she (the doc) saw some symptoms repeating themselves...my mom is a diabetic.

I don't care what it takes- I'll do whatever she says if I just don't have to do the insulin thing every day. God, I HATE needles- I mean, I don't just HATE them- I am deathly afraid of them. And that's not something you will hear come out of my mouth very often. I don't think I'm even as afraid of snakes as much as I am needles. Just ask Paulius about my "Fishhook in the Foot Incident". He needs a laugh today.
But talk about MOTIVATION for losing weight and getting healthy!!!!

Wish me luck...I'm gonna need it.

3 comments:

Terry Chandler said...

Sunny,
I've been on Glumetza since October for high blood sugar. Hopefully you will be able to regulate it with pills and diet and exercise. And sometimes it can be completely reversed with weight loss. Good luck hun.
Terry

Sunny said...

Terry,
I hope I don't even have to do the pill thing....Lord knows I take enough of those as it is too!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the weight loss thing.

Hugz!
Sunny

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!!