Thursday, April 17, 2008

About TIME!!!

My doc's visit went VERY well today!
Turns out I'm doing everything RIGHT when it comes to my weight loss and cooking and eating routines.
The doctor made the ONE change to my diet yesterday (she advised me to replace the grapefruit juice with Cranberry juice to prevent another UTI), and the nutritionist/dietitian today made one MORE change to the diet(she advised me to stay with it but instead of doing the 12 days ON and two days OFF rotation-change to a six days ON and one day OFF rotation.That way there was no two days with sugars and starches in my diet.)
So there we go.
I learned a LOT today from her in the hour and a half I was there.
UNFORTUNATELY, I had gotten up and NOT eaten breakfast NOR lunch before going to the appointment and then afterwards I went to the supermarket to do the weekly shopping and while I was there shopping my blood sugar bottomed out and I had to sit down in the middle of the store and eat a half a candy-bar and drink half a sugary soda to keep from passing out. After 15 minutes I was good to go again, tho, so I got my groceries and came home. Ironic, huh, with me JUST having come from Diabetic class.
Thank goodness for the cashier who knew exactly what to do for me when she asked if I was a diabetic and I confirmed it.
BLESS her!!
There ARE some wonderfully caring people still out there in the world. They're just hidden amongst the idiots and arse-h*les and don't get noticed because they're not the type people who jump up and down and wave their arms around yelling "Look at ME- I'm absolutely WONDERFUL!!!" at the top of their lungs because if THEY don't toot their own horns, then who will?.......
Anyway- I have 8 more hours of class left to go to so I can take one 8 hour class all; day or I can do two days in a row of four hours each.
I think I'll do the day long one. Paulius has agreed to come with me to it so it'll be a learning experience for the both of us. He's being so supportive of me with all this going on.

Anyway, it was a BIG day for me so I'm going to go now and rest.
More about some wonderful people I know in the next few days posts.
Yeah- I know quite a few wonderful peoples.
:-)
Later, Gators.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im glad she knew how to help. And to think we were just talking about that before you went to the store.Glad your ok and please keep a careful watch on yourself. What would happen if you were alone and your sugar was low and you passed out, or worse? Be careful! We luv ya!