Sunday, June 19, 2005

Holiday and Thunderstorms

I remember this feeling now. You know- the feeling of absolute bliss knowing you don't have anywhere you have to be or anything you have to do. Holiday.
So far I have slept, slept, watched three movies, snuggled with my hubby and gone thru two thunderstorms.


I am the BIGGEST baby when it comes to thunder and lightening.
I refuse to go anywhere near the tub, the sink, the telephone(never mind it's a cordless- I don't CARE- it's still electrical)or the toilet when it is storming. My hubby laughs at me when a storm blows up. I figure it evens out- I'm scared to death of thunderstorms- and he hates spiders. I kill spiders and he holds me during the storms.
I don't know what has made me so afraid of thunder and lightening- I don't remember any traumatic event happeniong during a storm during my life- but maybe I'm repressing.

Boy- I am all OVER the palce with this blog aren't I?

That's me today- Spazzy. But I don't HAVE to focus for another week.

I've been trying to lay off the chocolate for the past week. Did good too.
Yep- chocoholic here.

Dang- that Chocolate Tart Serendipity was making for her dad sounds good. Wish I had the recipe. Gotta remember to ask her for it.

Anyway- gotta go- have movies to watch, blogs to read, naps to take....

God- life is good this week!!

3 comments:

Chief Slacker said...

Invest in some good Surge Protector Power Strips and you'll be fine with anything electrical. ;O)

serendipity said...

Ok here goes.

Chocolate tart:

1 short crust pastry tart shell
315ml(11 fl oz) double cream
2 level teaspoons caster sugar
very small pinch of salt
115g (4oz) butter, softened
455g (1lb) best quality cooking chocolate broken up ( I used dark chocolate because it's richer)
100ml (3 & 3/4 fl oz) milk
cocoa powder for dusting

Place the double cream, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan and bring to the boil. As soon as the mixture has boiled, remove from the heat and add the butter and chocolate. Stir until completely melted. Allow to cool slightly, stirring in the cold milk until mixture is smooth and shiny. Spoon all mixture into a cooked pastry shell and leave to cool for around 2 hours. Dust with the cocoa powder.

Done!

You might want to try folding in an egg white or some gelatine if you want it to thicken and set because i found the filling stayed quite runny.....but although I didnt allow myself to taste it (way too much sugar and fat for me) my dad tells me it was yummy!

Enjoy

Vicarious Living said...

Ok, officially jealous here!
What movies did you watch?

As for thunderstorms, I LOVE them! The wind, the rain, the lightning.... I gotta get out of this desert.