Thursday, October 06, 2005

Funny TRUE Story........

Let me relate a story to you.

It happened when my kids were little.


When my boys were 10 and 11 years old- they had a very profitable lawn care business for the summer.
I was working for 12-14 hours a day as a courier and they were making almost as much money a week as I was and working a LOT less hours. I laughingly told them that if they kept it up, I was going to quit my job and go to work for them.

My youngest son, Clay, looked at me and said "You might wanna wait on that, Mama, til after we turn 18."

I laughed and asked him why wait?
He and his brother, Frank, looked at each other and said in all seriousness- "Cause the first time you tried to ground us- we'd have to fire you."

Let that be a lesson to us all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sassy children! I know where they get their smarts from.

MC Etcher said...

I keep forgetting you have grown kids. Actually, I don't believe it. You're too young and sassy!