Sunday, August 19, 2007

SCS-

I have a strange affliction known as Solitary Cleaning Syndrome.
I do my best cleaning when I am completely left on my own. Actually, I find I CAN'T clean when someone else is in the room with me.

And I drive Paulius nuts when I clean. You see, my idea of cleaning is to take everything and move it to the center of the room, clean the edges, and then sort everything thats in the middle before putting things back. And by putting things back I don't nessecarily mean where they were before I started cleaning.

So this morning I got up, started straightening the desk so I could write a blog about how attached we become to our pillows, and just went around the room gathering up soda cans and emptying ashtrays and it kinda got out of control from there. I still have to dust everything, and finish vacuuming, but everything else is done. And I walked past the desk and saw the computer on and remembered what I had started out to do and decided to finish it. Only then I decided this would be a better thing to write about instead of the pillows- altho that will probally be one for tomorrow. Or next week.

I haven't deep cleaned like this for about 3 months. Since we got the new leather sofa and chair set. I just haven't felt well enough to do it. But this new medication they have me on is freaking awesome! I can drink water without it feeling like I'm having a heart attack. And I ate pizza yesterday and even the combination of tomato sauce and pizza dough didn't make me hurt!
It was GREAT!

I even seem to be sleeping a little better. Yesterday, for example, I slept over 12 hours. Paulius came into the bedroom and checked on me at 3PM and I roused up and when I saw what time it was I got up and felt fine.

Anyway, maybe it was the combination of the extra sleep and the new meds, but at any rate I feel good enough to tackle the bedroom when Paulius decides to wake up. I wonder where I can put the bed THIS time.......................

2 comments:

Vicarious Living said...

SCS - I've always wondered if there was a designated acronym!

Sunny said...

LOL- I made that one up...but it sure fits!
;-)