Saturday, August 25, 2007

What A Day.








Well, it's been a heck of a day/weekend.

It all actually began yesterday when Paulius , out of the blue, turned to me and said-"I want cake- Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate cream(as in whipped cream)". You have to understand that Paulius is a savory treat kinda guy. Nine hundred ninety-nine times out of a thousand when he goes into a store or the cupboards to get something to snack on, it's gonna be something savory like chips, or a sammich, or teriyaki jerky.
Once in a GREAT while he will come back with a big bowl of ice cream.
So requesting a cake- no less a chocolate one was a real shocker to me.
So I loaded my butt into the car and popped off to the local shoppe to get all the stuff I didn't already have to make him his chocolate cake.
Well, I got the stuff, (except for the chocolate cream-I didn't bring enough money with me to get it and it was a long hot trip I didn't wanna make again for the cream so that part he had to do without). But I came home and made his cake for him.
Well, as you all know I have decided that until my youngest son and his wife find out the sex of the baby, I am abstaining from chocolate(I can relate to Ozzy quitting smoking)- and as you all know I am a HUGE chocoholic. Well, I wanted a slice of that cake so bad I could have died...so rather than suffer, I decided to get me a little two-inch square and eat it. It was only one little slice and I knew that if I ate it I could easily stop after that slice. So after cutting it- and sitting down with it, and a LONG debate on if I could actually STOP at one slice....I decided to go ahead...the wanting was still there. So I took a bite.
I expected fireworks and that almost orgasmic euphoria I usually get but what I got was............
Nothing.
It wasn't all that good. It was way too sweet and so rich I could hardly swallow it. So I waited a few minutes and took another bite. Same result. So I sat there a few minutes and then got up to go to the kitchen and put it away- and took one last taste of it to make sure this non- liking feeling was still there.
And it was.
So I put the rest in the fridge covered in plastic wrap so I can remember the taste of it should I get craving chocolate again.
Paulius says I was tasting chocolate as non-chocoholics usually taste it- as something nice, but nothing special. I'm not sure whether to be happy about it or not.

Now, I also completely over-reacted to something else that happened today.
As you all know, I have been battling my weight problem and in the past couple months have lost a nice significant amount of weight. I got my hair cut in a nice long layered style but haven't been able to keep it that way because for work I have to keep it pulled up off my collar- hence I either have it in a ponytail or a French knot or a bun. Well, today I felt really good about myself, so I decided to dress a bit provocatively and do my hair and makeup and seduce my husband.
Well I was sitting there at his feet (so he had a good view of the cleavage) and we were watching AFV....one of the episodes with Daisy Fuentes on it.....and when the part come up that they have to choose from the three preselected videos, she made the usual "time to choose" speech and I turned to Paulius and with a mischievous smile said- "Time to choose- which will it be?"
And can you guess his response?
Yep........."Daisy Fuentes' Boobies!"
And I seriously over-reacted. I got up and went to the bathroom and cried. And changed clothes into a pair of my biggest sweat-pants and a black tee shirt that gives me no shape whatsoever. He was KIDDING me to get a reaction and I over-reacted. I know he was just saying it to tease/annoy me, but it really really hurt my feelings and I KNOW I was wrong for being upset, but at the time it just made me wonder if all the suffering of the stair-climbing instead of taking the elevator at work, all the trying to eat right instead of the really good-tasting fattening stuff I REALLY wanna eat, and all the weight-lifting and dance videos are really worth it.
But I didn't go pig out....I read a while and then I took a long nap instead of letting being upset give me an excuse to raid the fridge and eat junk which would have undone all the hard work I have been doing for the past months.
And besides, Paulius gives me PLENTY of flattery about the weight I have lost and the way I am beginning to change my body. It's usually just when I fish for compliments that he annoys me by giving me some off the cuff comment like that and usually I just brush it off and laugh about it but for some reason it struck me differently today ...Maybe I just need to quit being so pushy. And I definitely need to grow some thicker skin about my weight issues.....I'm trying but it's always been a touchy subject for me...even when I was anorexic.
But I'm tough....and "there's no crying in baseball.", so I need to get over it.....(PLUS the fact that MY cleavage is JUST as impressive as DF's)
:-)
And no- I'm not PMS-ing- I got another two weeks before that happens so that's not a valid excuse either.

On the upside of life- It's finally come down from the triple digit temps here in SC. Yesterday we got a HUGE rainstorm and the ground was so dry it all ran off into the street. My sister and I had went to lunch together and there were stalled cars in the streets- water up to their headlamps. And that's not one bit exaggerated either. I was just happy we were in her big ol' 4wd truck. Sometimes it PAYS to be a redneck.
After the storm it dropped down to 71 degrees and over 30 degree temp drop. Of course, by an hour later it was back up to 81 degrees, but at that point we were happy as larks and was still celebrating the over 20 degree drop in temps and the 81 mark.
LMAO- earlier that day the radio had been predicting a cold front moving thru taking us down to the lower 90s and we had thought THAT was a wonderful thing.

Also, I am planning another wedding! Not for me- but for a family member and I can't say who yet, but soon I will. All I can say is I wish them all the happiness in the world.

I think I'll go make a salad or something now- I'm getting hungry and need to eat before this headache gets worse.
Hope y'all have a good weekend!!

1 comment:

Divian said...

I seriously couldn't get past the chocolate cake with chocolate icing and chocolate cream.

'You had me from hello'.

Yes, I am addicted to chocolate.

I expect that cake to be waiting on my doorstep come Monday morn.