Sunday, August 12, 2007

Shall We Re-name Him Cujo?


For the past week, Buddy, our dog, has been a hells hound. He refuses to do as he's told. He has been terrorizing the cat. He has barked, growled, snarled and snapped at Paulius and me.

Maybe it's the heat? I dunno- but this is TOTALLY unacceptable behavior and to be honest I am beginning to feel uneasy around him. We keep him inside unless he goes out for a few minutes to do his business. We don't put our animals outside on days WE couldn't stand to be out there.They're in the A/C with us, so even the heat shouldn't be an issue for his behavior.
I have been bitten by a dog twice in my life and it was NOT a very nice experience. I love Buddy to death, but I sincerely hope this behavior doesn't continue or we will be forced to find him another home or bring him to the shelter. I won't live with a dog that snarls and snaps for no good reason and I refuse be afraid in my own home.

On the other hand we seem to have figured out why Leonard, the cat, has become the feline from hell. Every time he goes in to use his litter-box, Buddy has been snarling and snapping at him and wont let him come near it. So he's been "bad" from necessity, not choice it seems.

Thank God this heat is finally giving us a break here in South Carolina. It's only in the high 80s today....a very welcome change from the 100+ we have been having the past couple weeks.
I hope it continues to drop......I know it's only the middle of august- but I am SOOOOO ready for cool weather again.
Autumn is my favorite time of year.

I found out what the Upper GI test I am supposed to be having on Wednesday consists of.
They do an IV, sedate you, numb your throat and neck and then run a teeny, tiny camera and light down your esophagus and tummy to see what it looks like in there. To find any lesions or cancer or such.
The doc said that the meds I am on should be making the problem go away- not get worse. So they're going in to have a look-see and find out what the problem is.
I can tell you I am NOT looking forward to it at all, I can't have anything to eat or drink...even water after midnight. My tests are scheduled for 9AM. I'll be working the night before the tests so that means I will have to do all that walking and stuff with NO water. I can tell you right now that I WON'T be taking the stairs that night...I'll be doing the elevator and sitting around as much as I possibly can.
I usually drink about a gallon of water while I'm at work.
:-(

Anyway, Nothing much has been happening around here other than that.
Except my auto has decided that it's going to cut off on me if i decided to slow down or stop for any length of time. I turned the A/C off and it seems to do a bit better, but not much. I'm afraid that car is on it's last legs, and considering it's about13 years old and has 177 THOUSAND miles on it...I would say it's done a darn good job.


The kids are all doing fine- altho they are all very busy working and taking care of business.
seems like I never get to see them for just a nice, long visit anymore.But that's okay too...I miss them but as long as they are happy and healthy I am content to have a chat with them on the phone every few days.

Well, it's time for me to go and get loose ends tied up so I can go to work tonight. Hope y'all had a GLORIOUS weekend and I'll be catching up on YOUR posts this week, even if I don't feel up to writing one of my own.

3 comments:

Terry Chandler said...

Good luck on the tests Wednesday!

That's not normal for a dog to suddenly change temperament like that. Maybe he needs a vet check?

Hugs.

Terry

lolly said...

I agree with Terry - maybe he's in pain?

BTW, I read your email and when I have a spare half hour i'll reply :0

Hugs xx

Divian said...

I say its the heat.

I'm telling you, its so hot down here in Mississippi, makes me want to go on a rampage. Yeah, I can so see myself holding people up and saying, "Now gimme your water and noone gets hurt".

My kids are all under the age of 8...so right now, I have no time to miss them, they're always here...but I do know what you mean...one day will come when they won't always be around...and I will miss the heck out of them.