Thursday, January 08, 2009

Congratulations Are In Order.

Paul went and took the written test for his Drivers Permit.

And he passed.

I have to admit that I have NEVER seen anyone so in a dither about trying for it.
But he passed.

And for me- that's certainly one of the most wonderful things that could happen.
I proudly and more than happily sat in the PASSENGER SEAT of my vehicle when we left the DMV and he drove home. And then drove to the recycling center. A Grand Total of about 40 miles today.
And did you get that I was in the PASSENGER SEAT?????
Well, I was- and not the least bit nervous at all, altho Paul mentioned several times that if it were him- he would be.
But I wasn't.
I honestly think I'm happier about it than he is.
I mean- had it been ME that got my permit- I would have been wanting to drive to the beach or the mountains as a celebratory act. I would have driven up and down Main Street waving at everyone as tho I were Miss Easley in the Christmas Parade. I would have been riding past my friends houses beeping the horn and then riding back by them again several more times before I finally were over the excitement enough to be able to go home and park the car.

But that's just me.
Paul?....he didn't even come home and e-mail anyone....or call anyone.....or BLOG about it!!!
I guess he's celebrating in Strong & Silent Mode.

Congrats Babe...... I wish you a long and happy driving experience here in the USA.

1 comment:

Seacat said...

Congrats to Paul!!