Monday, January 05, 2009

Trees & Vampires & Work, Oh My!!!!!

Well, last night was a productive one......

I finally got my Christmas Tree un-decorated. It was a sad time for me. Every time I leaned in to take another ornament off or to un-clip a bulb from a branch, it gave off a whiff of that wonderful pine scent I love so much.....like it was begging me, "Please- don't take me away!!!! See? I have LOTS of that wonderful smell left- don't get rid of me yet!!! It's not my TIME! It's Not My Time!!!!"
Do I get this emotional every year taking my tree down? Sadly, the answer is yes, I Do.
Paul will have to take it out to the disposal.....There is NO way I can do that and walk away without ending up crying. (My mom says when I was small- as in two years old small, I would cry hysterically every time we rode past an auto graveyard, too-they would have to plan any driving excursions so we didn't go past any of them lest they had to deal with a hysterical little girl, so it's obviously been a lifelong flaw of mine.)
Luckily, I have a wonderful Hubby who KNOWS me and does the hard stuff like taking out the tree for me....(and only rolls his eyes a little bit while he's doing it).
;-)

WARNING!!!!!! "TWILIGHT" & "NEW MOON" SPOILER!!!
Well now, as you know- I am into all things vampire as well as Christmas. I had borrowed the book "Twilight" from a girl at work, and I LOVED it altho it's sort of geared towards the teen female audience. As a surprise, Paul had gotten me the next two books in the series and I just finished "New Moon" last night- or Early this morning about 4AM, I suppose I should say.

In all honesty, I was a bit disappointed in New Moon. Whereas Twilight was all about the forbidden love of Bella and the Vampire Edward, Edward made the pages of New Moon for only the first couple of Chapters and then was sparsely mentioned throughout the rest of it. A semi-quasi relationship(but not really) between Bella and Jake(who turns out to become a Werewolf) was the main focus of New Moon. That's all I'll say about it......

I must say tho- if I had a Tween or Teen-aged daughter- this is the type books I would definitely NOT mind her reading. There is no graphic gore, No sex(so far), and no graphically bad language, yet it manages to not just hold your attention, but to leave you wanting to read more when you're finished.

It sure made ME think about how their situations apply to a lot of things in real life.....book discussion type questions, I mean. And I'm the type who likes to read just for the FUN of it, without a lot of thought put into the deeper meaning of it. You know???

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading Eclipse tonight while I'm at work in between rounds. And I suppose then I'll have to go out to B&N for Breaking Dawn. That'll be my B-day prezzie!!!
SPOILER FINISHED HERE!!!...................

And now it's back to the grinding board this week!!! Work, Work, Work!!!!
But this is a new year, and I have a feeling fantastic things are in store for us in 2009!!!!
It's going to be OUR year!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute are you to get all teary at having to give up your Xmas tree?! That is the sweetest thing I've heard today!

Sunny said...

LOL- You don't get out much do you Shelly????
LOL!!!!

Sunny said...

OOps- hit the button too soon.....the rest of the reply should read...."But Thank You!!!!

Evan 08 said...

I took my tree down today. I was gonna take a picture just for you, but alas, I forgot.

I skipped the spoiler, but suspect I won't miss anything. The kids tell me all about it -- whether or not I want to hear. I'm not really wild about the Twilight-style vampire. I prefer Ann Rice's version.

Anonymous said...

Im jealous...but Ill be getting them soon so dont spoil too much! :) I have to agree w/another friend of yours though. Based soley on the movie Twilight, I prefer Anne Rices charactors.Too lovey.GUess thats the point though.Sorry about your tree. :)

Sunny said...

Evan- Dang!! I LOVE Xmas tree pics!!! Maybe next year???

Marie- Now I'm jealous!! You've seen the MOVIE!!!!

Both of you- I like the dark characters in A.R.s books too- but like I said- I like ALL things vampyric.