Saturday, January 03, 2009

2008- 2009 Meme

2008-2009

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Screwed up a job interview for a promotion. It was just a few weeks after Clay's accident and I was in NO emotional state to attempt such a huge endeavor but I went ahead anyway...and came away horrified and humiliated that I had done so badly. I should have KNOWN better.
2. Did you keep your 2008 new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for this year?

I only make one resolution a year- and that was to lose weight...and I did...several times....and gained it back....and lost again...and gained again....get the picture?? This year I have made several resolutions...I seem to be doing a LOT of things differently this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

yes- as you know Kathy and Clay had CJ in February-a few days before MY birthday!!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

My step-nephew

5. What countries did you visit?

None unfortunately.....

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

Financial security and a home of our OWN...and I want to be able to take a LONG vacation this year!!

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Feb 19th.......CJ's Birthday. Clay's legacy to us.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Getting back to a salary I can actually breathe a bit on!!!!

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not getting into our own place.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I almost died in April from a massive kidney infection - a complication compounded by my diabetes.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

An artist/drafting table for Paul. It was an out of the blue-for no special occasion-gift that he wasn't expecting and it made him -and therefore ME-happy. It makes ME happy to see him sitting at it drawing.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Several people....Julie- for becoming a CNA and bettering her life,being a great mom and for buying her first home. Frank, for being a great dad, kicking a habit and getting his life together, and becoming the man I always knew he would be. Kathy and Marie- my sweet Daughters in law who are devoted moms and show it every day with little CJ, Devon & Nicholas. My mom- for giving so much of herself to so many, my brother Charlie, for giving my mom (and me)more help than she realizes he does(I, of course, KNOW and APPRECIATE IT!!). My friends, for keeping me laughing when I'm down and listening when I need to talk....and last- but most certainly not least....My Husband Paul- who is my rock thru it all- who has held me many a night while I cried and my heart broke, who has laughed with me- and at me- and made my life heaven again. I love you all.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My moms.....altho I'm happy that she's found someone to be with and care about- I can't deal with her acting like a 14 year old with first crush and all the drama that goes along with it.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Bills. Now where ELSE would it have gone???? Is there an excess of money I don't know about?????

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Being in the delivery room when CJ was born....I was so thrilled that Kathy asked me AND her mom to be there!!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

Pussycat Dolls- "When I Grow Up"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder?

Happier

b) thinner or fatter?

Fatter-unfortunately- but that's about to change!!!

c) richer or poorer?

richer- in many ways!!!!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

cleaning

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

worrying

20. How did you spend Christmas?

working at the job too much and not enough decorating my house for the kids...okay for ME...Geeze!!!!

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

I fall in love with Paul every single day. He's THAT loveable and sweet!!

22. What was your favorite TV program?

I have several...Biggest Loser, Army Wives, Housewives of Orange County, Project Runway, The Tudors, and Dexter. I have issues...you all KNOW that!!!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Can't say I do, to be honest. I don't make enemies easily.

24. What was the best book you read?

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Trans Syberian Orchestra

26. What did you want and get?

An iPod Shuffle

27. What did you want and not get?

A new place to live and a mothers ring.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

I don't even remember a film I've seen this year!!!!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I think I worked on my Birthday and I was 48. And if I'm not Mistanken- I'll be 49 and working on my birthday THIS year as well!

Ugh.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

For Paul to have found employment. Not for our financial outlook per se- but for the satisfaction it would have brought HIM.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

Comfort trumps Fashion.

32. What kept you sane?

Having so many people to care about me- and to care about. Keeping as busy as possible to keep my mind off problems.....sometimes it worked...sometimes not.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Oded Fehr........for celebrity.

Obama....... for Public figure.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Alien Amnesty. OMG- Just DON'T get me Started.

35. Who did you miss?

Clay and my Dad. Always.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

Hands down it had to be Cindy Cater....I met a LOT of interesting new people this year- Cindy was someone who I went to school with and knew about but was so shy(both of us- altho I DID like to talk once I got to know someone) but she's changed so MUCH I didn't even recognise her at first!!!

Whereas she used to be painfully shy, quiet and hard to get to know because of it, Now She's outgoing, fun, funny, caring and one of the most genuine people I have EVER met and I'm happy to claim her as one of my best, closest friends ever! And that's a very small circle!!!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

Take things slow.

Things happen when they're MEANT to happen.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

No Idea..........maybe some line from "When I Grow Up"?????

No comments: