Saturday, January 03, 2009

Yup-I Have Issues.......LOL


Yep- that's MY ACTUAL Christmas Tree!!!!!!(And, yes, I took the pics of it- thus the poor quality- but I STILL love them)......

And here I sit, trying to motivate myself to take down the tree. Yes, it's STILL up.
I have promised Paul I'll have it down before the weekend is up- and I will....but I'm just having SUCH a time getting started!!

I dunno- maybe it just makes difficult times seem so much easier when I have that bit of colorful sparkle and fun to look at every day in my spare, quiet moments.
Everyone has the notion that it makes Christmas LESS special when you have it out on display all the time- or for a long period of time.
Not me- I truly believe that did I live alone, I would probably have one spare room dedicated to all things Christmas- and have it decorated with Traditional Christmas Red and Green all year long. I could go in there and enjoy it whenever I was feeling a bit down or frustrated and look at all the sparkle and glitter and see the tree decorated in all it's glory and stay in there til I was ready to come out and face the worries of the world and live in reality again.

Hey- it's my dream.........
******************************
Oh.... My...... God..........I was sitting here watching TV in a rare quiet moment the other day and I saw a commercial for a thing called a Snuggie.
Basically, it's a fleece blanket that's got wide arms sewn into the front of it that you put on when you're on the couch and don't want to encumbered with a blanket. Paul and I talk about this type of advertising a LOT lately....I mean all these"TV only" offers are all great products, but they go WAY over the top trying to sell the damn things. I know you've seen these ads..... They demonstrate how wonderful and revolutionary their product is- and, granted, they usually have some good ideas on improving things we already have- but THEN they make a HUGE production of how difficult life IS and WILL be without their product.

Now, I don't know about you- but wrapping up in a blanket on the couch isn't a HUGE problem or production for me, usually, altho I DO have some issues with king sized comforters......but if the phone rings, all I do is slide my arm out from under the blanket and pick the dang thing up.....I don't usually get burrowed so deep in the blanket it's a major production to get unwrapped to answer the phone. Besides- I have caller ID- if I don't get to the phone before it stops ringing (which is frequently since we have it set to three rings(which is actually more like two and a half) before it goes to voicemail), so I CAN just look at the caller ID or listen to voicemail to see if it's someone I don't want or need to talk to( like telemarketers.... or the boss wanting to know information that could EASILY have waited til I got BACK to work to find out...).
This type of advertising doesn't enamour me to the product and usually sends me in the opposite direction. Don't try and sell me a product by showing me how stupid or lazy you think I am without it.
I AM NOT AMUSED.

And besides....am I the only one out there who thinks this- but with that Snuggie thing- your backbone wouldn't be covered- and in all honesty- if my back and the back of my neck isn't warm- NONE of me is warm!!!!
***********************************
Our home repair projects continue. It was raining a blue streak yesterday so we wasn't able to get the fridge fixed OR the carpet problem looked at in the kitchen so we're going to be working on getting those two issues taken care of in the next few days. As a matter of fact- I should probabaly be doing that instead of being on the computer like this now.

So on THAT note......Later Y'all!!!!!!!

No comments: