Saturday, January 17, 2009

Meet Sunnius, The Scatterbrained

Have I TRULY become THIS SCATTERBRAINED??????
Looks like.

My son called me this morning and asked me what I had in my car. Now, I couldn't figure out what he meant by that at first.

Did he mean, How much money had I put into the car during my ownership?
Did he mean, What are the contents of my car right now(oh GOD PLEASE don't make me list everything in that hatchback.)

Or did he mean something totally different?

He meant "did I have water or anti-freeze in the system". And the answer is WATER.
OMG- Have I TRULY become so damn scatterbrained that I forgot to drain the water and add coolant/antifreeze to the system for the past couple of years?

The answer is Apparently, YES- I have.

So I go take a bit of a nap- since the car wouldn't start anyway......and then I get up and get dressed to go buy anti-freeze for the car. By now it's dark out and I hop IN the car and start out the driveway. When I got to the top of the drive and turned the corner at my brothers house. I felt a strange swerve in the steering wheel and then heard and felt a thump-thump-thump going on. So I stop the car, get out and look (and when I say LOOK I mean FEEL the tires)around the car.....and LO and BEHOLD- I have a flat tire.

So I get out- open up the back, get the air compressor out but can't get it on the valve-stem....... It's dark and my Mag-light is buried somewhere in the crap in the hatch of the car and my interior lights don't work to FIND it. So I walk back to the house to get a flashlight and my darling hubby Paul tells me he will be happy to go do it for me. So, being the wonderful wife I am, I let him. (Thank GOD I have a wonderful hubby or my car would be SOOO full of shotgun pellets right now. I'm PMSing.)

Anyway, he returns a few minutes later and tells me it's not just a flat- it's come completely off the rim!!! So he's having to change the tire and it will be a few minutes.

I just heard the car start up the hill, so hopefully he'll be back in a couple of minutes and I can go get that anti-freeze.

Can someone PLEASE give me the winning numbers to the lottery so I can WIN & buy a new freaking CAR????????????????

Sigh..........................................

3 comments:

Paulius said...

Ammendum: I changed the tire, went with her to buy anti-freeze, we spent our last twenty bucks on it...and when we went to put it in, there was already anti-freeze in it.

A completely pointless journey and a complete waste of money.

So, in answer to your first question "How scatterbrained am I?" the answer is simple.

More scatterbrained than you think you are.

Sunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny said...

Don't go pointing fingers, doll.
You could have checked it just as easily as I could have before we left.

Besides- anti-freeze/coolant is something we can always use- year round. So it wasn't exactly a waste of money.

(besides- this is where you should be saying how it was an honest mistake ANYONE could have made and to not worry bout it...)

And btw- thank you for being so sweet and riding with me to get the un-needed anti-freeze.

I'm just really frustrated with that car at the moment.