Saturday, December 06, 2008

It Just Wouldn't Be Christmas .......


I have been decorating my house to day while Paul and Frank-My eldest son- are working on repairing the roof.......
And I have a list of stuff that needs(read I WANT) to do before Christmas Day.

I got thinking about all the traditions we have during the holiday season- and was trying to figure out which were the least important that I could put at the end of my list of things to do and it possibly NOT be missed by the person it means the most to.

And came to the conclusion that with the exception of making a Gingerbread house(which gets put at the END of the list EVERY year because it only means a lot to ME to do that one now that the kids are all grown and don't get to help with it) the re is nothing I can put back on the list.....

I mean it just wouldn't be Christmas without....

Of Course- the most important thing is Family- that's just a GIVEN!!!!
A box of Chocolate Covered Cherries
A box of Thin Mints
Cherry Yum-Yum
A Colorful Crazy Loaded-Down-With-A trip to see the Christmas Lights at Ornaments Tree
Shortbread Cookies dressed up with tinted frosting
The smell of Oranges and cinnamon and pine all mixed together
A hundred different gift wrappings under the tree
Candy canes
A big bowl of nuts
Watching Rudolph, Elf, White Christmas, The Christmas Story, and It's a Wonderful Life on TV
Going to see Santa at the Mall- or Writing him a letter and sending it off to the North Pole
A Trip to see the Famous Christmas Display at McCaddenville
....
The list goes on and on........what can YOU not do without at Christmas-Time???

No comments: